PRIME: OGUK OFFSHORE MEDICAL EXAMS
A OGUK Offshore Medical Exam will ensure an individual is fit to work in an offshore oil and gas exploration and production environment and travel to a specific regions (UK sector or the North Sea). All offshore workers must pass the OGUK before working offshore.
*The OGUK Offshore Medical is valid for two years.
The PRIME OGUK Medical Exam will require:
- Completion of Patient Health History Questionnaire
- Urinalysis – routine urine test with immediate result
- BMI – measurement of height, weight and calculation of Body Mass Index
- Visual – Near, Distance and Color Vision
- Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
- Lung Function Test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with an OGUK physician
OGUK Physicians will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore environment and remote medicine
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or possess a qualification in, occupational medicine
- Have access to appropriate examination facilities
- Undertake an Oil & Gas UK one-day training program in offshore medical assessment as it is expected to have sufficient understanding of and the ability in spoken English to participate in the training without an interpreter.
- Understand the principles of the risk-based approach embodied in these guidelines