New injury reporting requirements begin 1/1/15
Heads up: Starting Jan. 1, 2015, companies under federal OSHA jurisdiction will have to follow some revised injury reporting regulations.
As of Jan. 1, all employers must report:
– all work-related fatalities within 8 hours, and
– all work-related inpatient hospitalizations, all amputations and all losses of an eye within 24 hours.
There are three ways to do this:
– Call OSHA at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742)
– Call your closest OSHA Area Office during normal business hours, or
– Use the new online form that OSHA says will soon be available (OSHA says this won’t be ready until “mid January”).
(State-plan states are encouraged by federal OSHA to also update their recordkeeping rules on Jan. 1, but states may have later effective dates, up to one year later.) Another significant change is exactly which industries must routinely keep OSHA injury and illness records.
Read Entire Article