PRIME continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation.
As new information becomes available, PRIME will continue to provide the occupational medicine services that you have trusted for the past 25 years. In addition, our team of medical doctors and providers are working diligently to stay current on all testing, quarantine, treatment and return-to-work guidance as it becomes available.
April 27, 2020 Update:
To all PRIME Clients and Partners
As the nation makes the best effort to safely return to work, I just want to share some of PRIME physicians’ thought processes.
COVID-19 is new to all of us, and as the community continues down this path, we will all adjust as we understand better.
For your reference, see:
I hope this note finds you and your family healthy and well. These past weeks have been among some of the most tumultuous and emotional that many of us can remember. The impact of COVID-19 has been felt by individuals, families, companies and communities, across the United States and around the world.
As our clients, we want to support you to save jobs and improve the future of your industries. We also want to ensure that we can offer the services you need and have come to expect as a PRIME client. While much remains uncertain right now, one thing is for sure: this crisis will pass. Our nation and communities will recover and PRIME will continue to serve you with improved services and efficiency. We are proud to be your medical service provider and you can be assured that we will always be here for you and your workforce.
- Site pre-access screening to include online pre-access screening questionnaire, pre-entry on-site temperature checks
- COVID-19 telemedicine Case Management of suspected or symptomatic employees
- COVID-19 on-line or telemedicine Fit-for-Duty or Return-to-Work evaluations of potentially exposed employees
- COVID-19 test management services – quick on-site screens, lab confirmed tests, and telemedicine evaluation of test results
- Modified PFT/Spirometry, mask fit test, and breath alcohol testing services
- Medical supply services including masks, thermometers, gloves, etc.
While much remains uncertain right now, one thing is for sure: this crisis will pass. Our nation and communities will recover and PRIME will continue to service you with improved services and efficiency. We are proud to be your medical service provider and you can be assured that we will always be here for you and your workforce.
- PRIME did not suspend “all” PFT, ONLY routine PFT is not recommended and clinical PFT is still being conducted. Respiratory protection questionnaire should continue.
- Quantitative Fit tests should be modified to use the worker’s own filter cartridges and not shared common filters; Qualitative Fit testing can continue.
- EBT using BAT should be limited to confirmations only, or other significant operational rationale.
Luke Lee, MD, MPH, CIME
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, ALL services provided in the Sulphur area will be consolidated to one full-service facility located at 950 South Beglis Parkway Sulphur, LA 70663 (337)-310-7233. Again, ALL services will be consolidated to our location on Beglis Parkway. We are doing this to protect and service our customers.
Our Cities Service Location (2492 South Cities Service Hwy) will be closed to the general public. It will become PRIME’s COVID-19 command and telemedicine service center.
There will be signs posted at the Cities Service location instructing your employees to report to the Beglis Parkway location. The general population will NOT HAVE ACCESS to the Cities Service location.
There is no action needed from you other than asking employees to report to the correct location.
Employer Guidelines for Return to Work due to Concern for COVID-19
Given the community risk of COVID-19, we recommend that all employers adopt a return to work (RTW) screening process, that likely are more stringent than previous policies. This recommendation is IN ADDITION to the employer’s normal RTW policies.